Sunday, March 9, 2008

What Kind of Preachers/Prophets/Messengers are on the Earth Today?

When I study the examples of Godly Messengers in the bible, I am convicted to the core of my being. This inherent power packed, transforming Word of God is our template, our blueprint of what it should look like today and the contrast of what we are doing with the image of God in the earth has me literally trembling from the fear of the Lord and the penalty of this reality.

Are we really preaching the gospel? Are we proclaiming the truth of God’s Word? Do we represent Christ? I ask myself first, my life is to be a written epistle to be read of men. What do they read? Well I can tell you what I am not living as reality by studying the example of these holy men and women, they are the true messengers.

Take a look at Zechariah who prophesies of the Messiah. He has visions and describes them to the Jews. Through these visions he hopes to give instruction of what God is calling them to and encourage them to hope for God’s favor. Ultimately, his words reprove them of sin. In fact, the release of conviction was so great that those who had given themselves to the rule of Satan wanted to silence him. I don’t mean just asking him to not speak anymore; we don’t even have a grid for what persecution is as a result of preaching the Word of God. They did more than just ask him to be quiet, they killed him, murdered him. The bible describes this release of conviction caused these men to murder Zechariah between the temple and the altar. Read it for yourself. Matt 23:35.

I can not recall a time in America when I have heard a message that caused that kind of reaction? I have not been in the presence of preaching that exposes sin to that level. Is the truth of God piercing hearts and transforming cultures so that the evil retaliates with the such vehemence – not that I want violence to be released – that is not the point - but I just don’t think we are stirring up anything – causing any great change – our word is watered down and made ineffective by reason of our character – God Help Us! We need a great breaking of our souls – a divine visitation – a revelation of the Fear of the Lord and holy reverence for God’s Word.

My only hope is in God. Lamentations 3:22 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy Faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore I will hope in him.

We need a Culture shaking revival that causes weeping and wailing to be heard outside of our churches. The kind of tenderizing of our hearts that turns every pulpit into an altar and every pew to be stained with tears of repentance. Oh God, have mercy on America, we are lost and far away from your heart, Help Us God and visit us with the power of Your Love and conviction that would allow us to really see the state of our heart in relation to your truth.

No comments: